Sunday 22 March 2015

Just Eat Real Foods (Jerf)

(note: This post contains an unashamed plug for health)
I've now been sugar free for 10 days, eating whole foods, low carbs, healthy fats, good protein; no bread, weetbix or cereal, muesli bars or biscuits. I'm intentionally sugar free and intentionally whole food-ing - and I'd say I'm unintentionally / consequentially gluten free.  


It was difficult to start with - what do I eat if I don't eat bread!!!, but my body is adapting well. I've learned that I can go for hours without needing to eat; I'm learning to cook well and eat well; I'm amazed, scared, and fascinated about how much processed food there was in my 'normal' diet, and how much sugar there is in our processed foods.  I've lost several kgs, but weight has stablised. I may even have abs under that squishy exterior (no photos, sorry).

This film has confirmed what I have learned in the past 2 months: www.thatsugarfilm.com . I have to say this was the most entertaining documentary I have seen for a long time (maybe ever). Informative. Funny. Scary. And really inspiring. It is amazing how much sugar there is in our foods and the impact of sugar in our diets.  If you get a chance to see www.thatsugarfilm.com in the movies, just do it. Even if no one comes with you, just go.

I'll keep you informed of progress - and if you are interested in details, please get in touch with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment