Monday 26 May 2014

They aren't just running shoes ...

A thought came to mind when I was cleaning out the laundry today.

How many running shoes does a bloke need? 

Each pair tells stories of pain and success and getting out there when I was too tired and rain storms and 40deg days and exploring new trails and seeing new sights and races run and finished against difficult odds and beating personal bests - and then getting out next week to do it all over again - and finding new friends and tears over leaving others behind (or saying goodbye forever) and Dad's heart attack and hard decisions at work and learning more about myself and just when I thought I couldn't go on, finding one more step and another, and ... and ...  

They aren't just running shoes. They are way, way more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment